"Everyone should experience a silent retreat. It’s the greatest act of self care amongst beauty and peace and people who know what can unfold."
One-Day Silent Retreats – Spring 2020
Saturday 4th April
With Marion Young
(Summer dates and venues coming soon!)
Enjoy a day of silence & stillness, an opportunity for deep rest, reflection and relaxation at St Michael’s Sanctuary in Ewell, the perfect venue for a silent retreat with its deep and palpable presence of stillness.
- Slow down and recharge – With guided meditations, Conscious Resting and time for personal reflection
- Disconnect from technology – Our busy lives cause our minds and bodies to be on hyper-alert, which is stressful and tiring. Escape from your phone and sink into the stillness (we offer an emergency number in case you need to be contacted).
- Enter into the silence – Let your brain waves slow down… let your mind and body unwind
- Create space – For your inner wisdom to shine through, and to reconnect with your true meaning and purpose
- Connect directly – To the guidance of your Soul, a deeply comforting source of infinite wisdom and inspiration
On this one-day retreat you will be gently guided on how to ‘be’ in silence and how to get the most out of the experience
St. Micheal’s Sanctuary (a non-religious centre dedicated to Universal Truth) has a deep presence of stillness and is an ideal place in which to experience being in silence, especially for the first time.
- There is a maximum group size of twelve people to make sure you have plenty of space
- A delicious buffet lunch is provided (gluten and dairy-free options provided)
The Saturday retreats are from 9.30am to 4.30pm (arrivals from 9am – depart by 5pm)
The Sunday retreat is from 9am to 4pm (arrivals from 8.30am – depart by 4.30pm)
St Michael’s Sanctuary, 4A Church Street, Ewell Village, Surrey, KT17 2AS, United Kingdom.
Easy local parking. 10 minutes’ walk from Ewell East station (40 minutes from Victoria) and Ewell West station (30 minutes from Waterloo).
The price for the one day retreat is £95 (which includes a light lunch). Please scroll down for booking details.
Marion has over 30 years’ experience as a therapist and group facilitator. She is wildly enthusiastic about the power and benefits of taking time to be in silence and loves taking groups into silence on her one day and residential retreats.
She enjoys talking too, especially with people who are searching for deeper meaning and purpose in their lives, and who want to live their full potential as well as experiencing happiness and joy in simply being alive. Through her groups, one-to-one work, courses, and programmes, Marion supports and helps her clients to connect with their own source of peace and illuminating presence.
Marion is a Brandon Bays Journey Therapist, NLP Practitioner, Meditation Teacher and Group Facilitator Trainer.
What people say
“I was expecting to find the Silent Day Retreat difficult. I am an incessant chatterbox and the only time I ever stop talking is when I am asleep. Plus, I am forever checking my mobile devices. How would I cope if I had to switch them off for almost an entire day?
Marion was incredibly reassuring and actually, slipping into the silence was effortless. After a couple of hours, my mind slowed right down and by lunchtime, I had discovered my inner Prozac. I touched a profound bliss within that I had never experienced before and it stayed with me long after the retreat was over. In essence, it was life-changing.”
Sally Brockway – Previous retreat participant
“I loved last Saturday! I had never been on a silent retreat like that before and it surpassed any expectations I had. It helped me to truly experience the depth of this god-like energy within me. I felt connected to its gentle power, and how that power connects us all. The feeling has not left me.”
Honorine Moynihan – Previous retreat participant